Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Words Straight from the Heart

I wrote this about 7 years ago about someone I adored with all of me. At the time I wrote this, I was head over heels for him but he did not reciprocate the way I did. He gave me very little to hold on to, but I can honestly say that he helped me write some of the best poetry I have ever written. Without further adeiu, Words Straight from the Heart...

I can't sing a song to you
Because No one's message
seems to ring true
I can't relate to Karen Carpenter's words
You never said you love me
Although I wish you would
I don't think I can take much more
My heart is exhausted
and my soul has been torn
Being without you
is like living my life
without the one who
gives me hope
gives me strength
but I can't give you
what you won't take.



Tell me what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I really really love this poem. i went through something very similar years ago and this reminds me of the feelings i had at that time and makes me so grateful for what i have now :)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! The experience was a tough one, but has made me a stronger woman because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely agree and feel the same way. plus now i dont put up with any shit thanks to that experience ;)

    ReplyDelete